My life as a first year Ross School of Business student... trying hard to juggle all the work, all the play, yet still keep everyone in the loop.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Maize Out Saturday

After spending Thursday night and all of Friday studying hard, I decided that Saturday was going to be a day for having fun. Maize (the color formerly known as Yellow) was the star of the day.

The day kicked off with a baby shower for one of my classmates. Lene hosted said event, and made all of us attendees paint a onesie for the mom-to-be.

My fabulous work of art. It's very apparent that I did NOT come to B-school to develop my artistic ability.















Following the baby shower, it was off to the Big House, where the 0-2 Wolverines had a date with the 0-2 Notre Dame Fighting Irish.

Lest we be confused with the sad, sad fans of the Irish, it was Maize Out Day at the Big House. Meaning, wear Yellow or perish.

John and Randy, proudly wearing their Maize. Not only are these guys both MBA1's, not only are the fellow Consortium, but they are also Penn grads! Randy (on the left) is Class of '02 and is part of Section One, and John (in the ode to beer t-shirt) is Class of '04 and a fabulous Section Sixer.

The scoreboard says it all. It was a great day to root for the Maize and Blue, and a great way to witness my first win as a Wolverine.










You'd think that after all this excitement I would be ready to go home. But first, there was a stop at the Bus (where I got to stand outside and freeze for 2 hours), and then dinner with section-mate Hugh and his wife Sarah. We went to Sabor Latino, a Latino restaurant on Main St. The first thing on the menu? Lechon asado with rice and beans and fried plantains. Sadly, they were all out. So I will be going back at some point in the near future to get my lechon!

1 comment:

Breanne said...

hello! just stopping by to see how school was going! looks like you are keeping busy yet having fun. you'll have to let me know what december feels like when it rolls around, ha! just kidding.. take care! maybe i will see you during the holidays!

Aggregate exposure