My life as a first year Ross School of Business student... trying hard to juggle all the work, all the play, yet still keep everyone in the loop.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

LOAFing around

I took Sunday off to head to the outlet malls and do some shopping. Nathalie, Shari, Alex and I hit the stores, spent way too much money, and generally enjoyed hanging out. One of the stores we visited was Pepperidge Farm (lord knows what is wrong with the food that it winds up at the outlet), where I picked up a loaf of Oatmeal Bread to save myself a trip to Meijer (expiration date on the bread be damned).
After a long day of shopping, and 30 mins of being stuck in traffic, we finally made it back to campus, just in time for resume review. Everyone started grabbing their shopping bags from the trunk and sped off to their separate meetings. On Monday afternoon, when I finally got around to putting all my stuff away, I realized I had a loaf of Whole Wheat, NOT Oatmeal. Either I was completely spacey at the store, or someone stole my bread!
Turns out Shari was the culprit, as she took my bread instead of hers. She claims it was Alex's fault (blame shifter!), but my main concern was getting my bread back. Even though Shari had already eaten 1/4 of the loaf (she thought the cashier sold her the wrong bread), I brought her unopened Whole Wheat to the B-school today to complete the switch. And you would think that no one had ever seen such a thing! In the span of six hours, over 20 people asked me why I had a loaf of bread with me. From the stares and questions I got, you would have thought I was carrying something illegal around. Get a grip, people... it's just bread!!!
PS Happy Birthday, Mom! Busy daughter that I am, there's no gift or birthday card this year. But, at least there was a phone call!

2 comments:

Shari said...

I can't believe you have a picture of my whole-wheat loaf.

Unknown said...

Haha, that's a ridiculous story. I definitely would have asked why you were carrying around a loaf of bread too.

Aggregate exposure