My life as a first year Ross School of Business student... trying hard to juggle all the work, all the play, yet still keep everyone in the loop.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

"Spring" Break

I'm finally done with classes for my first year. Hard to believe, but it's already been over 6 months since I set foot in Ann Arbor and began the insanity known as the MBA. And just like that, I'm done with classrooms and exams - at least until September. Once we do MAP, the core will be over. Just thinking about that is crazy. I feel like I just got here. How is it possible that I'm already 37.5% done with my degree?
Anyway, I had my last final today (or yesterday, since it's 2am right now). The term didn't go as well as I had hoped (considering I didn't have to deal with recruiting), but I'm just going to blame Managerial Accounting as to why I didn't fully enjoy Winter A. Now that all my work is done, I get 9 glorious days of vacation. I originally hadn't planned on doing anything during break in order to save money, but once I found out that I was staying in Ann Arbor for MAP, I had to get out of here. I'm pretty sick of winter at this point, so I'm headed down to Puerto Rico with a group of 25 other MBA1s. It's pretty insane that that many people are going, and it's not like PR is exotic (at least for me), but I'm looking forward to doing nothing for 4 days and being warm while doing that. Other things to look forward to? Sleeping in, seeing Abuela, maybe getting my hair done, and TACO MAKER! I know it's pretty sad that I'm excited about a fast food chain, but it's been so long!!!
At any rate, I fly out on Sunday and come back on Thursday. So I've made arrangements for Beasley to stay at the nearby PetsHotel. Crazy thing is, her boarding costs are about the same as my entire hotel expenses in PR. Scary - either I'm staying in a death trap, or Beasley is getting super swanky accommodations. Or maybe both? I don't think I'll have internet access while I am in PR, so I will catch you all on the other side of Spring Break. And yes, I know it's ridiculously early for Spring Break, but these people at Michigan are special. There's just something wrong about using the word "Spring" to talk about a vacation at the end of February!

No comments:

Aggregate exposure