My life as a first year Ross School of Business student... trying hard to juggle all the work, all the play, yet still keep everyone in the loop.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

[Friday] night's alright (for fighting)

Or maybe not fighting... just arguing in the car, listening to music I've never heard before, and watching the Red Wings get their butts kicked. The Evening MBAs offered up Red Wings vs Blue Jackets tickets for Friday night, so Michelle put together a group of us to head to Detroit and enjoy the game. It seemed doomed from the start, as Michelle had to bow out due to a last-minute trip to Minneapolis. So I asked Nathalie to take Michelle's place, but 35 minutes before we were scheduled to leave, Nathalie had to cancel. Fifteen minutes later, I got a call from Anurag saying he wasn't going either. So we enlisted Hugh as a last minute replacement, and after spending two hours driving all around Ann Arbor, to Detroit, and sitting in a ridiculous parking line, we finally made it to the Joe Louis Arena.
We enjoyed a fabulous meal of overpriced hot dogs, sausages and beer (Diet Coke, in my case), and went all the way to top of the arena. It's a good thing I'm not afraid of heights! The game was never close, but the crowd reaction to the Red Wings only goal of the night was completely insane. There were some good sights, including one woman who had the most terrifying mullet I have ever seen. Sadly, I didn't get a picture. After the loss, no one was excited to go out (and we had spent all of our money on concessions at the game), so we just headed back to Ann Arbor. Thank goodness for the GPS, because we made it on to the highway in about 5 minutes while all the rest of the suckers were stuck in traffic following the signs for the freeways. The evening ended up at Matt J's apartment (again), where we did some more rocking out. Either Rock Band is the best game ever invented, or we are the most pathetic b-school people ever. Or maybe both? Regardless, I got in some solid drum practice, so I think I may be ready to take it to the big time!
Overall, I'm still not really impressed with hockey, but I did have a good time.
The view from our seats. Can you see the hockey players? No? Neither can I.


Matt P is clearly happy about the peanuts purchase.

Hugh is DEFINITELY loving the peanuts, but Matt J looks way too serious to be at a hockey game.


Matt P, ever the committed artiste, making the Rock Band vocals complete magic.

No comments:

Aggregate exposure