My life as a first year Ross School of Business student... trying hard to juggle all the work, all the play, yet still keep everyone in the loop.

Friday, February 29, 2008

How I Spent My Spring Break: Monday

When I went to sleep on Sunday night, I had already expressed my desire to sleep in on Monday. Imagine my surprise when the only reason I woke up on Monday (at 11:30 am) was because Paulomi knocked on my door to make sure I had the keys to the apartment. By the time I was showered and dressed for the beach, there was only one carful of people waiting to leave the villa. For some theoretically intelligent MBAs, it took us a while to figure out that if 7 people were leaving, we were better off taking the 7-person Rondo than the 5-person sedan.
The plan was to go to the Farmer's Market, and of course we got lost. And I even had a former Army man as the navigator! When I told both Mom and Abuela we got lost, they each said: "La Plaze del Mercado in Santurce? That's so easy." Yes, well, if I knew we were going there, I would have been able to figure it out. Once we found it, I dropped everyone off and searched for parking. By the time I found a spot and we walked over to the Plaza, everyone was ready to go. So we headed back to Ocean Park, had lunch and went to Condado, where we spent the afternoon at the Marriot beach. While I have never been a fan of the sand and saltwater, it was great to be able to sit on a beach chair and do nothing for a few hours. Going in the water was also fun, but the sandy feet and sticky skin on the way home wasn't so great.
Once we headed to the villa and everyone got ready to go out, we went our separate ways for dinner. I drove a group to Buenos Ayres for yummy empanadas, churrasco and chimichurri sauce. Dinner was fun, but the evening afterwards got a little chaotic. First, we witnessed a guy in an SUV rear-end a police car. Then we met the other group and decided to go to Old San Juan. The first stop was a bar on San Sebastian. Apparently this wasn't good enough, so we wound up at a restaurant at Calle Fortaleza which was deader than the first place. There was some debate as to go elsewhere, but we stayed put for a while before heading home. But since I had parked the car all the way by Ballaja, and we were on the opposite corner of OSJ, we decided to take a cab up to the car, for which they tried to charge me $10. I was outraged and only paid the guy $5, so he was not happy. I picked everyone up on the way out and we headed back to the villa for more drinking. Meryl and I were tired, so we went to bed, but stayed up until 3 am talking.
Next update: Tuesday - cheap hair, free booze, touristing and the police

No comments:

Aggregate exposure