My life as a first year Ross School of Business student... trying hard to juggle all the work, all the play, yet still keep everyone in the loop.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Quick hits

Last week was fairly stressful considering all the work that went into our Marketing group project. I know I've been MIA for a week, so here are some quick points to get you all up to speed.
  • Schoolwork: Within the last week I had two MO assignments (one group, one individual), two finance problem sets, and our Marketing mini-case (including a paper and an in-class presentation), all with due dates between Tuesday Nov 27th and Monday Dec 3rd. Some things went better than others (finance said hello to failure), but fortunately it's all complete now. Of course, not that the workload ever lessens. Classes are done next Tuesday (the 11th), and all my finals will be complete by the 15th. In that time, we still have a group case due for finance and a potential in-class presentation for marketing. Basically, there's a crapload of work still to do before I can make my Christmas escape. And a random note about our Marketing mini-case. Our project was on Yellow Tail, an Australian wine. Because CLEARLY no one is more knowledgeable about alcohol than I am!
  • Social activities: Last weekend I went to a performance of Handel's Messiah. Super cultured of me, no? It was mostly fun, but three hours of sitting in the cramped theater seats were a little much. Other social activity on the horizon? Ice-skating tonight (hopefully I won't be falling on my butt) and Section Six on Six dinner. I'm currently slotted to eat dinner cooked by our section's professional chef. I'm excited and a little afraid at the same time. You all know how picky I am, and let's just say that the menu that I saw is a bit terrifying. However, this may be subject to change due to last minute RSVPs, so I will keep everyone posted.
  • Weather: It's Michigan. It's cold. And snow keeps falling. I'm not happy.
  • Bump, bump, bump: I consider myself to be a fairly intelligent person. Unfortunately, everyone sometimes has lapses in judgement. When I woke up today, there was a blanket of snow outside, but left my routine unaltered. When I got to the b-school today I had some things to take care of before class. This lead to some sprinting up and down stairs, all the time shouldering my absurdly heavy backpack. Now, as I just said, it was snowing outside, so of course everyone that's walked into the b-school has tracked in snow, ice and whatever form of moisture you could think of, leading to wet tiled staircases. I'm sure you've figured out where I'm going with this. While running down the stairs to get to my marketing class, which wasn't even due to begin for another 20 mins, I took a spill, landing flat on my butt, HARD. And proceeded to slide down a few more steps. Very movie-like. End result? Broken skin and bleeding on my middle finger on my right hand (not sure what I even hit it on), and a VERY bruised and tender back left thigh. Clearly I'm a genius. Fortunately, there were no witnesses...

Only 12 days until I am down in warm Orlando!

No comments:

Aggregate exposure