My life as a first year Ross School of Business student... trying hard to juggle all the work, all the play, yet still keep everyone in the loop.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Surprise!

For about the last two or three weeks, I have been lying through my teeth to my parents. A few days ago, on this very blog, I posted that my plans for Fall Break included a drive down to Indiana to visit Joe, Tatum, and Nadia, a trip to NYC to visit companies, and a weekend visit by Kyle. Well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad. But instead of heading to NYC, I hopped on a plane with Joe, Tatum, and Nadia on Wednesday morning, and we all flew to Orlando. They had already planned this long ago, as they were stopping in FL for a few days before heading to PR for a wedding. But, I was an unexpected guest. So, I kept telling my parents all about my plans for New York, and which companies I was going to see, etc.
Then, when we landed at the airport, I waited at the gate for a few minutes while everyone said hello and mom got to see Nadia and fawn all over her. When I finally headed over to baggage claim, my parents were both totally engrossed in their granddaughter, so I walked up to them and said "Hey." The look of surprise was priceless. I was so glad to have caught them off guard (although Dad claims that he knew something was awry.) It'll be a short visit, but I was glad I was able to come at all.

2 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Hey Geraldine..that was an awesome idea surprising your parents... I'm glad to see things are going well for you! I'm glad you got a little break...hey I wanted to tell you, I checked to see how your nieces are doing and I saw the new name of baby #2..Reese, that is my new niece's name. (Russ's brothers new baby)It's really cute. Well hope you are doing well..I'll keep checking to see how you are.

Unknown said...

Sneaky, sneaky...

Aggregate exposure