My life as a first year Ross School of Business student... trying hard to juggle all the work, all the play, yet still keep everyone in the loop.

Sunday, March 2, 2008

How I Spent My Spring Break: Wednesday

Once again, I found myself sleeping in. Apparently my goal during vacation was to do the exact opposite of everyone else. Two groups had left early in the AM to go hiking in El Yunque and snorkeling in Icacos. Being that we were lazy bums, after waking up at 11am, I dropped Meryl off at the beach at the Intercontinental and I went to Abuela's house for one last visit. We spent a few hours chatting before I said good-bye. She cried, of course, because I wasn't going to be able to make it back before flying out. My friends, however, joked that she was crying because I'm still single. Well, it's possible!
Once I was done at Abuela's, I drove past the old house to take pictures, then past my old high school and stopped at the gas station. My shopping experience fully crystallized why living in PR used to drive me crazy. First, I tried to swipe my credit card at the pump. But I was forced to go inside. After waiting in line for 5 minutes, I tried to hand in my card, but they turned me away because I didn't have any ID. When I finally brought in the appropriate identification, I had to guesstimate how much gas I needed, because they couldn't let me fill the tank. I honestly was about to scream.
I stopped by Plaza to pick up some shorts and a tshirt for kayaking, and got stuck in a patented Expreso Las Americas traffic jam. I picked up a group from the beach and we made a pit stop at the villa so we could all get ready for bio luminescent baykayaking. The drive to Fajardo went smoothly, except for the fact that the radio stations in PR are all pretty awful. We met the others for dinner at a random roadside restaurant called La Estacion, which was just one mile past the entrance to El Conquistador. Ah, the memories!
Kayaking was lots of fun and very bio luminescent-y. Plus, it was dark enough that you could really notice the microorganisms in the water. However, since the last time I went, they had passed a law that you could no longer swim in the water, so we started a water fight instead. Meryl and I tried to stay neutral, but then the TOUR GUIDE totally soaked us, so that was the end of my nice hair. Much later on, I found out that the whole reason they banned people from getting in the water was because people were getting a little too frisky and disturbing the ecosystem. Lovely...
Since kayaking wasn't over until 10pm, and we had a 1.5 hour drive ahead of us, nobody wanted to go out that night. Mostly people went to sleep or relaxed. I did, however, manage to slip on the wet floor and almost take Harveen down. Later on, I also managed to kick and break a wineglass. All this, without any drinking. I didn't stay up too late, though, because I promised to drive the 9:30am flight people, meaning I had to wake up at 7:20. So much for a relaxing vacation...
Next: Thursday - moving out and heading home

No comments:

Aggregate exposure