My life as a first year Ross School of Business student... trying hard to juggle all the work, all the play, yet still keep everyone in the loop.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

How I Spent My Spring Break: Thursday

Since I had promised to take the early morning folks to the airport, my last day in PR started at 7:20am. I didn't have any plans for my last day, so I spent it driving folks around, packing, and more driving. When I got back from the airport, Amy was one of the few people awake and she wanted to get coffee. So we walked to Kassalta, where I had one last quesito. After we made it back to the villa and cooled off for a bit, I drove Amy and Meryl to the other villa so we could pick up Harveen, Shermeen and the remaining car, which was under Amy's name. They went back to Kassalta for more coffee while I headed back to our villa to start packing. Not surprisingly, I had done a pretty bad job of packing (I had WAY too much stuff with me), so it was quite the challenge to get everything into my bag.
While I was busy packing, showering, and blow drying my hair, everyone was busy moving out of the two apartments we were going to be giving up. Since my flight was at 3:20pm (and Emily and Eric were on the same flight), we packed up the Kia and headed out to lunch. Unfortunately, the people who were going to the beach showed up right as we left, so we didn't get to have lunch together. We were able to return the car with plenty of time and get to the airport, which was full, but not packed. As I went through security, the TSA agent who looked at my boarding pass saw my ID and said: "Virginia? Oof." I told him: "Actually, I'm headed to Michigan." He just looked at me and started to laugh! I did not really feel much sympathy coming from him...
Both flights were fairly uneventful, although I was delayed in Charlotte (our plane was broken and they had to try and find us a replacement). We were only about 45 mins late to MI, though, and it's not like I was in much of a rush to freeze my butt off. The temperature when I got in the car? 20 degrees. It certainly made me miss the PR weather.
My Spring Break trip was a little chaotic, way too short, but lots of fun. One of the best parts (aside from seeing Abuela, eating Taco Maker and quesitos, and getting my hair done) was probably meeting/getting to know a whole lot more of my classmates, especially since Section classes are no more. The one thing that I didn't like, though? Getting the taste of the awesome weather and then coming back to the crap-tastic Ann Arbor weather. And to think, I don't get to go anywhere for MAP!!!

No comments:

Aggregate exposure