My life as a first year Ross School of Business student... trying hard to juggle all the work, all the play, yet still keep everyone in the loop.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Welcome admits...

At this time last year, I was sitting in the crappy terminal at DCA, with about 10 other Ross admits living in the DC area, and we were all flying in to Ann Arbor to get an idea of what the next two years of our lives would be like if we were to enroll at Ross. By that point in time I had actually made my decision and sent in my enrollment form and deposit, and was a proud owner of a umich account. Even though I had already visited campus in November, I thought it would be a good idea to meet some of my future classmates, and possibly find housing. Well, the latter didn't happen that weekend, but I did have a good time while I was here, and going to Go Blue Rendezvous made it clear that I had done the right thing by enrolling.
Fast forward to today, and the masses will once again be descending upon Ann Arbor. According to Alex (GBR Chair, and my former tv-watching buddy until he got the GBR Chair job and has since been buried in work), over 400 admitted students and partners have registered for the event. It's crazy that only one year ago I was in their shoes. The weekend is jam-packed with activities, although I won't be around to witness most of it. Since I'm flying out to Charlotte tomorrow I couldn't volunteer to be a Student Guide (ie, no nice free meal tonight). However, I am working the Welcome Table today from 2-4:30pm in my awesome highlighter yellow t-shirt. I'm glad that I'm able to help, albeit in a small way. And now that GBR is coming to a close, I hope this means I'll be able to see Alex more often... even if school is over in 2 weeks.

No comments:

Aggregate exposure